cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected without internet

Smurf_smith
Joining in

Just had an engineer out because of all the problems I'm having with virgin broadband in the 2 months I've been with them.

The engineer came and fixed what he said was the problem then he went in to hub settings to change bandwidth etc.Now I can't connect my phone, I'm having to use 4g in the house, the TV is working and some other connections but not my Samsung galaxy 22 since he messed on with settings, my son has complained since that he can't play PlayStation as connection is too slow. I can't even get on to my hub settings to change channel as it won't accept my password.sometimes the WiFi will connect with phone but doesn't last long before saying CONNECTED WITHOUT INTERNET.

HELP, HELP, I'm pulling my hair out here and can't even talk to someone about my problem. Wish I never went with virgin now, terrible service

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Smurf_smith 

You could factory reset the hub and that will put it back to it's original settings, discarding any changes the tech made.

You will need to log in again with the passwords from the bottom of the hub so make sure they are legible.

Also make sure that you use the admin password and not the wifi password to log into the hub settings.

Please try the following exactly as typed.

Disconnect all ethernet cables from the Hub.
With the Hub powered on use a paperclip, or a mobile sim slot tool  and perform a pinhole reset by keeping it pressed in for a timed 60 seconds
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 8 to 10 minutes to boot up and settle down.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Where will I find admin password ?

On a sticker fixed to the bottom of the hub. There will be two, the one you need is the ‘admin’ password which, I believe, is all numbers.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Smurf_smith

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issues with your broadband

How has your connection been since factory resetting? Please do provide us with an update

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs