cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected devices

vaughanster
Tuning in

I've just looked on connected devices for WiFi and I've got 14 devices connected , a couple of phones , I pad , couple of alexas , what are all the others,,,,,,????????? 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Hero

They are the footprints of all your equipment.  Do not start Pausing the unknown devices.

Current laptops and mobiles can and do change their MAC address, that can leave the impression there are many devices connecting when it is just the same ones but with a different MAC.   If this is the case, the discarded MAC entries will expire & start to drop off.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Vaughanster, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry for any concern caused over the unknown devices connected to your Hub. 

As Client62 has advised, devices connected to your Hub at anytime will leave a footprint and then sit in a dormant state. 

You can remove these via a pin hole reset of the Hub but we must warn you that this will also removed any active WiFi connections and revert the equipment to default settings. 

If you require any further information, please do no hesitate to get back to us. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Current laptops and mobiles can and do change their MAC address, that can leave the impression there are many devices connecting when it is just the same ones but with a different MAC"

Not in the case of iOS devices, Apple devices will use the same MAC as long as the SSID is the same.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2