Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connected but not working.

My TV is hardwired into hub but says "ethernet is not connected". The wi-fi is enabled but says "connected, no internet". I'm unable to use apps on my TV as a consequence. The Green wi-fi light on my hub has been flashing constantly for a couple of weeks, but hasn't really made any difference until now. I have done the power on/off thing and re-set the hub via the small hole. I rang VM and a signal was sent with no luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connected but not working.

Is the connection to other devices, computer/laptops/phones all ok - on wifi and ethernet connections?

Ignore the flashing wifi light for now - its a known bug - lots of posts on here about how to try and sort it.

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so try it again......  EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John. 

Other devices have worked relatively fine via wi-fi. I've tried your fix. Just going to wait 10......

Doesn't seem to have worked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RobS1974,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. Is the TV now showing as connected to the hub? 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Now, I don't think this is an issue with Virgin Media but more about my Sony TV. I have read this scenario on a Sony forum and it seems to be the case that it's to do with the time setting. Having changed the time setting to "Use Network Time" I was able to use apps again that had previously said there was a connectivity issue.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/connected-no-internet/td-p/2419618/page/2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah OK, thanks for replying, hope fully updating the Sony settings worked.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos