cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected but no wifi

Johnnyras89
Joining in

Hi,

Having an issue with some wireless devices saying they are connected but have no internet access whilst having a mostly full signal. for instance, my phone and pc will both be on wifi in the same room, but my pc will say no internet access whilst my phone is working. I have run a cable through my house and switched my PC to a wired connection and this no longer has any issues, but any wifi devices randomly drop onto connected but no internet daily and this is only fixed by resetting the wifi connection.

I have spoken to customer services but every time the operator tries a few things then pass me to a new operator and I have to start all over again asking me to reset it and try wired connections etc which is driving me crazy.I

have used the online test and no issues where found, I have also factory reset the router but this made no difference.

Could it be my hub is faulty? 

Many thanks for reading this

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try splitting the wifi SSID.

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes

This will allow you to choose which band to connect to.  Note you will need to join the "new" network SSID's on your devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Johnnyras89

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues regarding your wireless network and connecting devices, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We've checked the account and connection and in regards to levels and spec's everything is within the ranges we'd expect to see. Have you been able to follow the steps laid out by Adduxi to see if there are some settings changes via the Hub that will resolve the issue?

Let us know.

Rob