cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Connected' but 'No Internet, secured' message. WiFi working fine on other devices

adbjb
Joining in

Hi there,

Hope you are well.

Looking for any assistance on a problem we are having with our Hub 3.0. My Windows laptop and PS4 are unable to connect to the internet. Even though on the Windows laptop it says it is connected but 'no internet'.

We think this has been caused by us 'pausing' some devices via the app after we noticed some unusual activity. We did not pause my phone or other laptop and they are connecting to the WiFi as usual - but we have paused and unpaused the Windows laptop and PS4. Now they both seem incapable of connecting sufficiently.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a pin-hole reset of the hub, this will get rid of any paused devices.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

adbjb
Joining in

Btw: I am currently tethering the WiFi to the laptop via my phone but this is not an ideal solution

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a pin-hole reset of the hub, this will get rid of any paused devices.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi adbjb,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with this. Tudor's advise of resetting of the hub by the pin hole reset button should help but you will need to ensure that you hold the button in for a times 45 seconds minimum. Also before doing this make sure the details on the bottom of your hub are readable as you'll need these to reconnect. 

We'd love to take a closer look in to things if this doesn't work but have been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. We will need to confirm some information with you in order for us to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi all,

Resetting on the pin button on the back of the hub worked for this. Did it for 45 seconds, and didn't need to log back in to all devices.

All sorted

Thanks a lot

Pausing devices is a fraught idea, imagine if you paused your wife's office laptop in error during a Zoom call ... oh la la !

If you need to free the devices again, this may be quicker ... 

Login to the Hub's menu

Hub 3 menus >>> Advanced settings >>> Wireless >>> Security >>> "Wireless MAC filtering"  (tick) Disabled

now scroll down and click Apply changes

Job done