cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected NO INTERNET, Internet (Access denied) and Ranged Upstream Channel Update in progress HELP PLS

Koreye
Tuning in

I woke up this morning with no internet access, I joined virgin media broadband on 04/09 with no issues on set-up.

Today I've had no success resolving this issue, I've turned on and off the router countless times, factory reset it, ran the diagnostic tools on the router website, nothings worked.

My network status says as follows :

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranging
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Update in progress
undefined
Provisioning State

It hasn't changed since the morning and stays like this no matter what.

The logs say this:

Time Priority Description

01/01/1970 01:18:49criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 01:18:47Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 01:13:35criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 01:13:33Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I've got a constant green power light, two flashing green arrows, and a constant green wifi light, could someone please help me find out what's going on, the server status says it's okay also.

I need to work from home and this is causing a lot of issues, could someone please help me 😥

6 REPLIES 6

lotharmat
Community elder

The Pinhole reset can be a bid fiddly to do properly!

Make sure you can read all the default passwords on the base of the Hub before you do this

Unplug all ethernet cables

With the power on and the co-ax connected; press and hold the reset switch with a paperclip or sim removal tool for at least 60 seconds.

Allow 10 minutes to reboot, reset and stabilise

If the green light is still flashing then VM staff need to take a look and diagnose!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hey there, I've followed these steps, still the same problem unfortunately.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Then, have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

They told me everything is fine on their end but also that they can't connect to my router, probably due to cable issues... I'll followed the cable all the way outside my house any everything is in place... Including the power cable and all... Is their a VM able to check online for this issue? I've seen people with the same error logs before and been told it's an area issue but on the phone they insist it's not.

•  

You could call it in as a fault on 150
It'll ask you to reboot the hub (as you already have done - don't)
You will then be cut off
Wait a couple of minutes
Call 150 again - report a broadband fault - The system will recognise that you called before and transfer you to a person!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi Koreye,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs