cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app

gbman
On our wavelength

Hi all, im having probs with connect app,it shows hub 4 but shows some connected devices(but not all like it use to do)  but are very very lightly greyed(not bold lettering) ,and if i go to do a scan it comes up and wants me to connect to wifi everytime i press scan, but i am.

Plus im not getting the speed but thats for broadband page.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Hero

The connect app can test the speed to the Hub and then show what the WiFi device is able to do.

Is the speed to the Hub correct ?

gbman
On our wavelength

To hub it gets aroung 1145mbs, wifi after can be anything from 2/300 up to 450mbs, on devices connected are greyed outand unable to do a room scan, upto about 2 months ago it looked fine.

Hi gbman, 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

gbman
On our wavelength

Thanks mathew, i do know that it needs connecting to my wifi and i have read same response to others, everything works on wifi (slow mind you) but il wait see if it gets sorted but as i said it was fine before xmas.

Thanks for your response.

Hi gbman, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one. 

There are a number of issues that present the same and the teams are putting in place little back end changes to correct things so hopefully the app will connect to the app for you. 

There is also an update due soon which should also help with some of the issues that have already been raised. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

gbman
On our wavelength

Thanks kath, hopefully it will work better/properly soon then.

Thanks

Thank you @gbman please do keep monitoring this and look out for the updates. 

Thanks again