cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app won’t work

KungFool
Tuning in

Hi, the connect app is not working, but hub 3, Wi-Fi etcetera is good. I’ve rebooted and hard reset, rebooted iPad - still no joy.

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
see this...

The connect App has recently become "buggy" after upgrading its firmware.

Note the number of new threads on here complaining of App issues. >10 today alone.

A VM person will respond here in a day or two and comment on what you can try.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
see this...

The connect App has recently become "buggy" after upgrading its firmware.

Note the number of new threads on here complaining of App issues. >10 today alone.

A VM person will respond here in a day or two and comment on what you can try.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John, I’ll sit tight for a few days - I’ve noticed the app pauses some equipment, which is difficult to un-pause without the app.

Neil.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KungFool, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with pausing/unpausing your devices. 
We're currently investigating this with the team. They have advised that doing a PIN hole reset on the hub should allow the pausing feature to work. 

Make sure you hold the pin in for a minimum of 45 secs before trying again.
Thanks, 

Nat

Hi,

I’ve tried that already which has worked for the paused devices - the app still isn’t working however.

Thanks, Neil.

Hey KungFool

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?