cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app won’t find hub 5

Jsquires1990
Dialled in

What is wrong with the connect app. Sometimes it loads, today however it does t connect Iv tried uninstall of app and used iPhone and iPad but neither work. Also, rebooted the hub 5 but it’s not connecting. 

24 REPLIES 24

kitenski
On our wavelength

Same issue here, the phone is 1m from the hub, connected to it via Wifi and the Connect app (just updated) says unable to find the hub!!

Hopefully a VM CM will be along to advise. 

Seems it’s broken for the many!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jsquires1990 and @kitenski 

There is an known issue affecting a small number of users and the Connect app. VM are working on a solution.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks,

However it was working fine last week!

Mine was fine up until yesterday!

Hi Jsquires1990, 

Thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

• For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset and then redownload the app. 
  • For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi Jsquires1990, 

Thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

• For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset and then redownload the app. 
  • For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Done all of this but the app is broken!

please advise further…

kitenski
On our wavelength

Those instructions no longer work on iOS 16, my app also still broken. Tells me it cannot find the hub when it's 1metre away from the phone, and I'm not on VPN or the guest network!

Why is this so difficult to get an answer to?

CS are useless, I tried sending PM to VM CM who had an open chat with me but they bounced back a Mod team response. 

most unhelpful