cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app won’t connect to router

hirotiger
Tuning in

Hi I am  new customer, I have a hub 4 and an iPhone 12. The connect app cannot find hub. I’ve rebooted the hub multiple times, I’ve reinstalled the app twice. I have taken the private Wi-Fi address off on the iPhone settings.(and tried with it on too)
what else can I try to connect the app to the hub?

18 REPLIES 18

Client62
Legend

Any form of VPN will cause the VM Connect app to fail, so iPhone private WiFi needs to be OFF.

Rebooting the Hub is not needed.  As a new customer you are waiting for the VM back-end systems to catch up and record your installation.

Try again every few days.

For the moment the Hub can be managed via its menus at : http://192.168.0.1

For reports on local faults use : 0800 561 0061 - it is an automated service.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hirotiger, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connect app. 

Can you confirm if you have now managed to connect to the hub? 

Have you managed to log into the settings of the hub as suggested by Client62?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Yes managed to log into the hub settings through my internet browser. Still waiting on the connect app.

Hi hirotiger,

Can you confirm if you're still having issues using the connect App?

Have you tried to set this up using a different device?

Are connected via the Wi-Fi network of the Hub and have the latest version of the Connect App installed?

Alex_Rm

Tried alternative device and ensured latest version of the app is installed, app still says cannot find hub.

Hello hirotiger

Sorry to hear of the issues using the Connect App with your iPhone and Hub 4, we understand the frustration this can cause.

The Connect App will only allow one connection in regards to the settings option via the Connect App, IOS has also introduced a private address setting for Wi-Fi connections via the device. This can interfere with the app when connecting to the hub.

Further support and advice on how this works can be found here.

Rob

I’ve turned off the privacy setting on my phone’s Wi-Fi.

I’ve made sure my device is connected to the Wi-Fi.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times.

I’ve tried connecting the app using a different devices (iPad)

The router was installed 10 days ago.

I still get the same message “Hub not found” “make sure you’re connected to your Wi-Fi, if you are, tap here” “let’s fix it “. The “let’s fix it” button asks me to install the router (the router was installed by an engineer and is working, so I haven’t done this ) and contact support that has led me here.

is there anything else I can try?

what else can I try?

Hi @hirotiger 

Have you got any VPN's active on the device?

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No VPNs active or otherwise.