cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app scan uses mobile data

Claret_buzzer
Joining in

Feeling stupid

Hub 3 is excellent - if you're in range. Sadly it doesn't cover all the rooms in my bungalow. I can see the neighbour's routers (but not my own) in the front rooms! 

I started a scan on the app. ( inadvertently with mobile data on ) and it seems to have used that. In a room with no WiFi it now says I have great speed! Can't delete result or rescan.

In fact can't scan in that room after renaming .... BECAUSE THERES NO WIFI - sorry. What should I do?

The advertised WiFi pods ( extenders are part of the reason I signed) but I can't get Virgin to supply them.

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Claret_buzzer,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection and trying to order a WiFi pod. 

I have looked into your connection on the system and can see issues with the downstream power levels and SNR levels on your connection, this will need a technician visit to resolve.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Claret_buzzer.

I have arranged the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thank you Steven 

Just to confirm the connection and the Hub are brilliant.

My only problem is the range of the WiFi signal from it ( and my inability to operate the 'media connect app'.)

Good morning 

Just a thank you note!

Steven L kindly arranged a Virgin tech visit.

I wasn't imagining the problem. The Hub 3 signal didn't reach the whole property. I've bought  tp link's deca m4 system and now have a "mesh" wifi network throughout which runs reliably from the Virgin Hub 

Thanks Steven and Chris

Hi Claret_buzzer, 

Thank you for taking the time to update the thread. 

We are happy to hear the visit was useful and that our team was able to help. 

Please do get back in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat