cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app not working

Pjones
Tuning in

Just upgraded to volt and hub 5. Poor internet signal in loft and want to get a wifi pod. Connect app no longer works though.  App states “can’t find hub” so no way to check my network or order a pod.  
app worked fine on hub 3 but not since switch over. Wifi working ok so the hub is functioning fine. One of the reasons to upgrade to gig1 and volt was that pods were included to boost signal but a useless addition if you can’t view the network or order.

I have rebooted the hub , reinstalled the app and still no difference

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Uninstall the App again and reinstall the latest version. It only started working on Hub5's quite recently.

See if that does sort it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Have fully deleted and reinstalled but still no difference

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this re. pods

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room and it’s now called… Wifi Max see…….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website for other options. Or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you . You have to wait a week before you can get a second one.

If you do call dont get fobbed off by any offshore CS agents' nonsense (like a few have been) saying "you aren’t eligible and it will be £5 or £8 month" - you are… and they are free - its clearly stated on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pjones,

Thanks for your post and welcome back, sorry for any inconvenience caused by our Connect App not working since you installed our Hub 5.0 and were unable to order a Pod to cover WIFI in your lft.

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see you have managed to order your first Pod, under our WIFI Max you are entitled to up to 3 Pods if you aren't getting the guaranteed 20mbps per room.

I hope the Pod will improve the WIFI in the loft for you, if you do need any further support you know where we are.

Regards

Paul.