cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app not recognising hub 5

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

I have just upgraded my Hub from a 3 to a 5 and connected the wifi pod to the hub. the virgin media connect app has picked up my my new router and the wifi pod showing which devices are connectes to it. However it is still showing my old SSID and I can't do a home scan as it's asking me to connect to that network. I have done a full reboot of the router and deleted cache and data from the app, deleted the app and rebooted my phone before re installing but still no luck. Any one know how i could get it to connect to the right wifi network name?

1 REPLY 1

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kaleem71.

Welcome back to forums and thank you for posting. 

Sorry to see that you are having issues with the Connect App and your Broadband. 

Are you connected to your Hub 5 rather than a WiFi Pod, when you are trying to load the app?

Do you have a VPN service installed on your phone? Also when you say 'full reboot' do you mean switching it off and on? If so, can you please try doing a factory rest if you haven't done so. Can you please look for the pin hole which is placed underneath the hub. Put a pin or paper clip, hold it down for 20 seconds and then release.  

Can you also 'forget' the Hub 3 network on your phone, by going into your phone settings. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide