cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app can’t find hub

Gavcur
Joining in

I have a Hub 4 and just moved home and eventually got installed. I have black spots and need to use the connect app to order the pods. The app won’t recognise I have a hub. I have tried deleting app, reset router etc and still no joy. 

how can I resolve?

13 REPLIES 13

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gavcur 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the connect app at this time. 

Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies from the app to see if this helps. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

How do you do that on an iPhone. I did uninstall the app and tied from fresh a couple of times but still no joy. 

Hi @Gavcur thanks for your reply.

For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.

If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset, and then re-download the Connect App. 
I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Still no joy. The app does say it’s not my side but theirs but no idea how to sort that. 

Hi Gavcur,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your Connect App ist finding your Router when you are trying to search for black spots, we appreciate you have tried all advised by Tom which hasn't resolved it, you can find further help and support around our Connect App here.

Can you also make sure you are accessing the app whilst connected to your home Wi-Fi (it wont work if connected to another network, mobile data, or if a VPN is active.

Have you have tried a Pinhole reset on the hub (inserting a pin in the hole marked 'reset' on the back of the hub for 60 seconds)?

Please let us know how it goes and whether you need any further support.

Regards

Paul.

Yes I have done all that’s been suggested. 

App is very poor. 

Hi Gavcur, thanks for the reply. 

I am sorry to hear that you are still having difficulty with the hub and connect app. 

Do you get the same issue when you try another device? 

Is the handset and app using the latest update? 

Chris. 

Hi,

all latest aider ware and app. 

tried iPhone 14/13, iPad Pro and iPad mini. All the same. 

The Connect App will only allow one connection in regards to the settings option via the Connect App, IOS has also introduced a private address setting for Wi-Fi connections via the device. This can interfere with the app when connecting to the hub.

More details on Private Address can be found here via Apple support.

Rob