cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect VM mesh pod via third party router

Gavdaddy
On our wavelength

I have a 4 story house with concrete floors. As a result I had to use a router (Unifi) for multiple hard wire connections. The VM modem/router is in the garage. Is there anyway to use a VM pod to add WiFi to a blind spot room. It can be directly hard wired? Is the only way to use third party access point?

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

as far as i know thats not possible - the VM hub need to be in router mode to connect to VM pods i assume yours is in modem mode

the only way to do it i can see is run your 3rd party hub as an access point and the VM hub in router mode - most 3rd party router have access point as a setting - if not change its internal address so its different to the VM hub and turn off DHCP on your 3rd party hub

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Gavdaddy
On our wavelength

Thanks I'll give it a try. Maybe better to keep the Hub in modem mode and add an access point.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a UniFi router, get UniFi access points, they are excelled. I have all UniFi kit and get well over 200M on WiFi everywhere even at the end of my garden. VM with their pods only guarantee 20M.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Gavdaddy
On our wavelength

Agree the kit is good - just looking for a short cut before boxing the VM kit