cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect HP Deskjet 2600

Jessie75
Tuning in

Hello all,

Can anyone explain how I can connect my printer (HP DESKJET 2600 SERIES) to my Hub?

Ive got access to the hub via its security key etc and I'm online okay with laptop and mobile...

I'd like to try WPS connection if possible, but not WiFi direct as this disconnects me from the Hub when I want to print anything. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What have you tried so far and what were the results?

A Google search on the printer name/model returns some fairly comprehensive instructions from HP.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What have you tried so far and what were the results?

A Google search on the printer name/model returns some fairly comprehensive instructions from HP.

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Jessie75 wrote:

Hello all,

Can anyone explain how I can connect my printer (HP DESKJET 2600 SERIES) to my Hub?

Ive got access to the hub via its security key etc and I'm online okay with laptop and mobile...

I'd like to try WPS connection if possible, but not WiFi direct as this disconnects me from the Hub when I want to print anything. 

It appears you need to use a device that's already on the wireless network and install the 'HP Smart app':

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/document/ish...

Thanks for this.  I did use the aforementioned route via the instructions by HP before reaching out...

It took several hours of tinkering, but now it's sorted!

I ended up resetting my printer and adding it to the wireless network via the WPS push button method (push the WPS button on the Virgin Hub, after making sure the printer wireless signal is in discovery mode by pressing and holding down the wireless button on the printer for 5 seconds or more).

It should be easy - but it wasn't this time!

Anyway, I won the war!  Hurrah!

Thanks again.

HP PRINTERS

I have a different model Hp deskjet plus 4122, and also struggled to get it connected, and had to use the HP website.

I could not ever get WPS to work even following instructions, so you have done well.

It is knowing what buttons to press, as my printer has no display/control console.

The printer is very good but not as easy to set up, I have battled with my printer many times.

I used the HP smart app to find the printer and installed it using the hub or router wi-fi password. (not direct wi-fi, just the normal hub wi-fi)

Then it has to be installed via the windows printer settings using "add printer"

It often stops working, losing the driver or error - offline.

I have to remove the printer in windows printer settings, and then search for printers and add it back in, usually does fix it.

WPS connection are not as secure as wi-fi connections but are easier and quicker to set up.

I use windows and microsoft  often provide driver updates for HP printers which come through automatically.

The printer can also be connected direct to a computer using a USB cable.

Note- if the ink levels are showing in the smart app-then the printer is working which is an easy check, but there is no warning when the ink is low or run out, the prints come out blanc.

Another tip is to use the trouble-shooter in windows printer to fix things, or the settings etc. on the HP smart app which has print test page etc.

alf28

Yeah - mine is quite a good printer, but interestingly hasn't been that annoying to set up on previous networks in the past...

I think Virgin don't necessarily make it clear about WPS buttons or passwords... And I've read that if you push the WPS button on the Hub for too long it disconnects ALL the devices - which is where it appears lots of other users get stuck.

Anyway, thanks for the support and I hope I don't end up with any dropout in our home network... Now to connect my mother's laptop... And our phones to the printer... Should be easier now the hub has it listed as a device on the network!...