cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect CT 200 Thermostat to Hub 3

mattb13
Joining in

My Bosch CT200 Thermostat will not connect to my WiFi on Hub 3. It has worked perfectly for 13 months, now all of a sudden it has decided not to connect. I know it is to do with the hub, as I have connected the thermostat via a hotspot and it works fine. Please can someone assist to advise on any settings that require changing. I have various other devices connected to the hub such as an Arlo door bell and cameras, so I don’t want to interrupt the operation of these. Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Have you tried splitting the WiFi bands? You need the 2.4GHz band for the Thermostat .

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Have you tried splitting the WiFi bands? You need the 2.4GHz band for the Thermostat .

--

Hi Roger

to do that so I just rename them so they have a different name?

if so will this affect my other devices?

thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, rename the two WiFi bands for clarity. If you see “channel optimisation” or “Smart Wifi” then disable them. You'll need to reconnect your devices, the ones near the hub will most likely get the strongest signal from the 5GHz band. In any case the 2.4GHz band tends to be congested so only use it if you have to (like with the thermostat or possibly for devices some distance from the hub).

--

Unfortunately I’ve just spent a few hours doing all the above and more. Even turned the 5G off whilst connecting everything that requires the 2G. For some reason the thermostat just will not connect to the Hub 3. It connects to the Hotspot on my phone and works fine. Every other device that requires the 2.4GHz connected and works fine. Do you think this is a Virgin or Bosch issue?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you reset the thermostat to factory defaults and try again?  If it turns out to be the Hub, (firmware update perhaps?) then you may need to get a wifi access point and connect the thermostat to it.?  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @mattb13

Thank you so much for your post and a big thank you to the community members for their help and guidance on this so far. 

Were you able to try the latest step as advised by @Adduxi

Thanks again

Hi there

I reset the thermostat to factory settings and it will connect to the hotspot on my phone. It will not connect to the hub 3 though. It is frustrating as it has worked perfectly for the last 12 months. There has obviously been an update with the Hub 3 as all my WiFi devices needed reconnecting last week. Everything else has connected, but the thermostat will definitely not connect.

Any advice would be gratefully received as my heating system is now completely useless to me.

Hi

how does a WiFi access point work?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have to checked the Hub's SSID is still split?  It could be a firmware update has reset the Hub to default single SSID and Wifi Optimisation on.

Maybe your heating needs a distinct 2.4Ghz SSID band name.? It may be easier to get a simple Wifi Access Point and connect the thermostat to it.  At least this would make sure any future changes by VM to the Hub, will not affect the Access Point.

Personally, in the many years I've had VM Hubs, they are always used in Modem mode, as I have used my own networking kit for this very reason.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks