Joining in

Hi all,

this app is useless and I am unable to connect to the hub5. Sick of trying 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
see this...

The connect App has recently become "buggy" after upgrading its firmware.

Note the large number of new threads on here complaining of App issues. Search through them and see if any of the fixes reported in any of them work for you

Or a VM person will respond here in a day or two and comment on what else you can try.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks. I’ve tried everything on the threads. Just got my super hub 5 and also got a pod but can’t check/see anything as can’t connect to the app. 

Hey @ukmcriar, thanks for reaching back out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear that the Connect App isn't working, please try the following steps:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:

-Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)

-Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

If you can also please try deleting and reinstalling the app, and that your device is up to date with the most recent software updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Tried everything again but still no luck. Am using a IPhone 12 Pro with latest software. Definitely not using a VPN or mobile data so now at a complete loss.

Hi ukmcriar,

Thanks for confirming your handset, sorry to hear the above didn't work, have you been able to try a different device?

Regards

Paul.

Hi,

yes tried another IPhone with same results. Give up now.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ukmcriar,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm really sorry things are still not working. Unfortunately, we are currently aware of a known issue with some of the data in the systems used for the Connect App - this is causing the Connect App to not recognise the Hub. This is already being investigated by our App Team as a high priority.

Whilst we don't have a resolution date/time for this, rest assured, our teams are working to get this sorted as quickly as possible. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ