Col50
On our wavelength

Title says it all.

The Connect App is not seeing my Hub 4

It is a new installation.

51 REPLIES 51

Col50
On our wavelength

I am 2m away from a WiFi Pod and my fully up to date iPhone looses the WiFi connection.

This system is so flaky compared to the totally reliable BT system I dropped to join VM.

Hi there @Col50, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are still having issues with the connection to your hub 4. I have checked our system and cannot see a reason as to why this will be an issue.

I am going to send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be checked further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Col50
On our wavelength

I am not going through this id crap again re the WiFi

Today I started up my Windows 10 PC, after booting I click on the browser and each tab came up server not responding, Internet Not Cooected.

Had to reboot and the system then found the Internet was working.

what is the point of a 1gig broadband if accessing it is this flaky, as it is not the first time this has happened.

Five years with BT and the same Internet cabling as I am using with the VM system never failed to connect.

I have a cable test kit and there is zero faults with the cabling.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Col50, 

Thank you for reaching back out to us here on the Community.

I am very sorry to hear yo PC experienced an issue when initially attempting to connect to the internet. 

How has the service been since your last post to us? Have you seen any improvements?

Thanks, 

Nat

Col50
On our wavelength

It fails to connect every time, the local Ethernet is fine it just does not connect up to the Internet.

I have to unplug the network cable from our fixed wall Socket A and plug it into the adjacent Socket B, and it connects.

The next time I start my PC it again fails to connect so I have to unplug the network cable from B and plug it back into A and it connects up.

Very weird.

heardd11
Fibre optic

My hub 4 not working with the app ether david

Hello heardd11,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear the connect app is not working with your Hub4.

What happens you try and connect?

Dies this happen on other devices?

Gareth_L 

Yes it does David 

Thank you for that confirmation heardd11.

Is the app on the most up to date version?

^Martin

My Connect app had all the same issues as everyone else’s, and I did everything that’s been suggested on here and still nothing. Then I enabled the guest WiFi and it now works perfectly. 

I don’t know if this is a fix for everyone but it’s worth a try.