Did you mean: 

Connect App not seeing Hub 4.

Col50
On our wavelength

Title says it all.

The Connect App is not seeing my Hub 4

It is a new installation.

51 REPLIES 51

I have no issues with Connect App and hub4. 

Col50
On our wavelength

I reset the Hub 4 via the hole in the back.

Deleted the App and all its data.

Reloaded the App.

Yet still it will not see the hub.

Tried going online using the 168. Address and using both 0 and 100 and the Settings Password and nothing.

Repeated using a different device, same end result. 

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with getting your hub and the Connect app to connect. 

In order for it to work you need to ensure you're loading the app when connected to your home WiFi. It won't connect if you're on mobile data, VPN or a different WiFi network. It this still doesn't work, do a hardware reset on your hub ensuring you hold the reset button for a full 45 seconds. I know that some of you may have already tried this but a fix was run overnight on Monday for some users.

If you're still having issues then we would need a little more information from you so we can feed this back into the project. 

If you're using an Android device, can you please go in to your Settings > Network & Internet > Select Internet > The one you're connected to, click on the settings cog > Scroll down to Gateway, Subnest mask, IP Address and DNS. 

If you're using an Apple device, can you please go in to your Settings > select WiFi > click the little I in a circle next to the network you're connected to. Scroll down to IP Address, Subnet Mask and Router.

Once you've navigated your way to the information, can you please take a screenshot of these and send to me in a private message please? To do this just click on my name and once my profile loads there should be a send message option at the top right-hand side 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Col50
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply, the long reset press worked.

App can now see the Hub 4 and rooms scan went sort of OK.

Room where Hub 4 is located worked fine, other rooms required the two Pods that we have removing from the power sockets, waiting 1m and then restarting.

All rooms scanned OK, but on the rooms within range of the WiFi Pods the Bedrooms and Study needed multiple scans.

Now using the web browser Safari I connected up to the 192.168 etc address and entered password and the set the webpage password and all was OK until the Network Diagnostic Tool was run and when it went through its routine and it presents an error but as the device is our wireless video door bell I cannot move it

I now have another problem in that I cannot seem to rename the devices.

move 14164C66-7D43-4B7B-BBFD-41B347AE54D3.png

Me too same issue

Hi Col50, 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know that the app has now connected to the Hub and you've been able to perform the scans. 

In terms of renaming the devices, are you trying to do this via the app or via the log in page using a browser? 

Come back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Col50
On our wavelength

Partially successful when I used my PC and Firefox web browser.

Renamed some devices but not all are seen, this applies both to WiFi and Ethernet Connected devices.

Hi Col50, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I'll feed this back in to the project team to let them know you are having this issue. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I have tried everything said but still not finding hub on connect 

The VM system is flaky.

Not tried the App for a while.

I keep loosing Internet and have to unplug the Hub, leave it and then power it up again and all is OK.

what happens is I power up my PC and the internet icon on the taskbar shows a fault so its straight to the hub to shut it down.

Or I am on the iPad and WiFi just goes, if switching off WiFi on iPad and then switching it back on does not work its time again to reboot the hub.

TV box is a pain, its slow to startup, the menu system sucks, it does not always remember which is the next episode when I am using an App.  Fast Forward is either slow, a bit faster or omg I did not want it to go to the end of the programme.

Would I recommend VM, ………. No.