cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App & Pod not working on new hub5

GaryJBirch
Tuning in

Tried all the reset, reboot etc but installed new hub5 yesterday and now connect app and WiFi pod won’t connect?

have chatted to help but they have not been able to fix yet.

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "backend" for the app can take a few days to catch up with new installs, so just wait a while.  Also remove and reinstall the app and delete the cache.  Make sure your phone is on the same wifi SSID as the new Hub and you are not using any VPN's or Relays. 

As for the Pod, it may need registered to the new Hub. Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pod serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, GaryJBirch.
Thank you for taking the time to post on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Connect App not linking to your newly fitted hub 5, we'd love to assist with this.

In general, it's worth to mention that when a new hub 5 is installed it may take a day or two for our Connect App to refresh the data and be able to pair with this hub.

Apologies if that was not advised on your calls with our teams earlier, could you please tell us if things have changed since your post on Sunday and if you've managed to set up the new hub and network on our App too?

About the Wi Fi Pod, we'd like to ask if you've followed the process as seen here to activate this on the new VM network?
If so, what error do you get and do any lights come up on the Pod when it's plugged on?

Let us know how you get on and if you need more help, we're eager to support you if you're still facing an issue.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Adri. The connect app is now working - like you and others said, it took a few days to register.

I have a technician coming to sort the pod because it will not connect to the new hub having been connected to the old one.

Morning @GaryJBirch 

Thanks for the update - glad to hear the Connect App now all working. I can also see the Pod has been re-provisioned as well. 

Do pop back to the community if you need further help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill