cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App Spinning Dots

Jamesy1234
Dialled in

I have been having issues with the connect app, all I get is 2 spinning dots, any ideas? I am using Hub 3 and Android phone. 

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using VM wifi on the phone or mobile data? 

Wi-Fi but I get the same result on mobile data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar issue to last year's? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/You-have-no-access-to-home-broadband/m-p/47...

Reinstalling the app seemed to work then. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Jamesy1234,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with the connect app.

Have you tried removing the app and re downloading it? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Hayley, yes I did that and it's all better again. Thanks. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread and let us know it has worked for you Jamesy1234.

Please do get back in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Take care, 

Nat

I'm trying the app for the first time, but I'm getting the "no access to home broadband" issue mentioned in this thread.  The link points to an archived article, so what was the solution when it was first raised?  

And, yes, I've deleted and reloaded the app, and I'm the account holder, with a Hub 3 and two wifi pods (supplied to me recently to replace LG ones that - literally - blew up when I turned them back on after a holiday).  

I only want to use the app to survey my new wifi coverage, so this is a particularly irritating problem. 

Hi uzzo, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with the Hub connecting in the app. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

• For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset and then redownload the app.
  • For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 
Pop back and keep us posted. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok, I forcibly stopped the app, then cleared the app cache as suggested, on an Android phone.  The phone is connected to my home WiFi.    

After accepting the T&Cs the app allows me to "Sign in with a Virgin Media acc..." (verbatim, presumably "account"), without me having to type anything, and then greets me with my first name.  Is that process correct?  How is it getting my account information - from the hub?

Under the Home tab the app prompts me to "Connect to hotspots", which I didn't do.

Under the Broadband tab, I get the original error message "You have no access to home broadband".  (Hmm - I wonder what I'm using to send this message).

At the moment I'm only using one booster, and my wifi seems less stable than before - I've been monitoring on an ad-hoc basis with a 3rd-party scanner and I can see the power levels and subsequent speeds vary wildly, seemingly randomly, especially on the 2.4G channels.  One minute I can get > 50Mb/s on my tablet, then the next minute it's down to < 5 Mb/s and streaming sessions start dropping out, even with just one user.  Cycling the booster brings it back again.  My main machine is connected via Ethernet to the hub and that seems to be steady at 200 Mb/s throughout, at least on the occasions I have checked.

Getting this app working is therefore a high priority for me.