cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App / Ordering WiFi Pods

HighLevel
On our wavelength

I recently switched to Virgin Media broadband and had a Hub 5 installed, but am now experiencing limited WiFi coverage. I am looking to order WiFi pods as I previously had boosters from Sky that provided full coverage.

Despite trying to use the connect app on multiple devices (and in the same room as the hub, with a strong signal) I am unable to get it to work and keep receiving the error message "Something went wrong on our side" - screenshot below

IMG_2157 - Copy.png

I attempted to reach out to customer service over the phone, but  got nowhere 😥

I could do with getting the app working given I will likely need at least 2 pods and understand I will need to leave a week between ordering each one. 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
-----------

Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max see.-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  150 or  0345 454 1111 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks @jbrennand

I should be eligible for the pods due to Volt benefits.

I have just been reading through the forums and have seen the responses from VM staff to others for whom the connect app isn't working of

"we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. " - So I'm assuming this is the case with me as the message in app seems pretty conclusive it is a VM-side problem.

Will give it a couple of days to see if this post is picked up by a VM person and if not I'll try calling again and see if I get someone more clued up.

@HighLevel wrote:

Thanks @jbrennand

I should be eligible for the pods due to Volt benefits.

I have just been reading through the forums and have seen the responses from VM staff to others for whom the connect app isn't working of

"we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. " - So I'm assuming this is the case with me as the message in app seems pretty conclusive it is a VM-side problem.

Will give it a couple of days to see if this post is picked up by a VM person and if not I'll try calling again and see if I get someone more clued up.

This fault has been around since November and still no sign of it being fixed! In typical VM fashion they may launch a new app in a few years to replace connect by which point the fix will be ready 😂 

Hi HighLevel,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly help you get a Wi-Fi pod ordered if you are on an eligible package as our valued member @jbrennand has mentioned.

Remotely checking the systems from our end with the details you have provided from your community profile, we can see that you have already spoken to the team to get this resolved.

Please come back to us if any further assistance is required.

Kind regards Jodi. 

HighLevel
On our wavelength

Hi @Jodie_S

this is not resolved, as above trying to speak ‘the team’ is a frustrating experience to say the least.

I don’t have the ability to order pods and the connect app still isn’t working

Our apologies HighLevel. What I will do now is private message you so I can look into this. 

^Martin

Hi Martin_N

Managed to speak to someone in the broadband tech support team today who was very helpful in  arranging a WiFi pod to be sent, and as a bonus the the connect app is also now working.

Hello HighLevel.

That is fantastic news. 

Please let us know how the Pods settle in.

If you need any help check this handy help page

Gareth_L