cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App - Device Names don't Sync between Router and App

adamelphick
Up to speed

So with the ridiculous issue that is STILL on the Hub 4 (was on 3 as well) where you cannot name any device that doesn't show on the top row of connected devices on the main home page, I decided to try out the 'Connect' app.

Sure enough there was an option to rename things, and stupidly I expected it to actually work!  Low and behold this function is also BUGGED!  Not only do the few names I have managed to update on the hubs web interface not sync to the app, but the app doesn't sync back updated names either!  I mean what the hell?

It seems like none of the techies at Virgin talk to each other!  This issue has been around for YEARS.  I get the 'well the rest works fine' answer from people when I moan about these functions (or the 'get your own router' SIGH - why should I?), but that isn't the point!  If you are going to have a function make it work!

Unless I am missing something obvious there seems to be no way to sync the device name(s)?

I just wonder what unbelievable software bugs await us with the new (and incredibly slowly released) Hub 5 when it finally arrives for us 1GB folk?! Makes you wonder why stuff is tested at all... you might as well chuck it straight onto us to user test, as that what Virgin seem to do anyway!

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi adamelphick,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I have fed the above back for you and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.