cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App Cannot find Hub 3

TB9
On our wavelength

My Virgin Media Connect App updated yesterday and now when I try to use it, it can't find my Hub 3 and says I need to connect to it, which I am with full signal. I have reinstalled App, rebooted phone and Hub, so it would appear to be the Android App at fault.

Anybody else having the same issue?

24 REPLIES 24

Hi, I have resolved my problem with this issue, you need to remove the Virginmedia Connect app from your phone/tablet, download a new copy of the app, turn the WI-FI off on your phone/tablet then you can sign it to the app with your Virginmedia account details, then once your signed into the Virginmedia Connect app you turn your WI-FI back on and then the app should work.

Please don't shoot the messenger if that doesn't work for you.

Regards Bill_H

TB9
On our wavelength

Hi Everyone

Just to give an update on my issue which is now resolved.

After having uninstalled and re-installed the App 3 times, on the 4th time I more or less did what Bill_H has done and it finally connected.

It has to said though that judging by the amount of people with this problem, just how well was the App tested. It is also much slower at finding connected devices than before the update. I have another WiFi App installed and it finds all the devices within seconds and shows more information about each one.

TB9,

Are you able to say what the other WI-FIapp is that you use, and if you are does it work on an apple device.

Regards Bill_H

I had to pin reset my hub for this to work

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

TB9
On our wavelength

Hi Bill_H

I use an Android phone and the App is called WiFiMan, but I don't know if its available for Apple.

Hi TB-9,

Many thanks for your reply & I'll have a look in the app store.

Regards Bill_H

Hi,

We're sorry that some of you are having problems finding your Hub using the Connect App and we've asked our IT Support Team to take a look at this. They've advised that they're looking into a fix but for the moment, please try rebooting your Hub and seeing if the latest Connect App can find it. Let us know if it doesn't find it after a a Hub reboot so a member of our Forum Team can take a look so an IT ticket can be raised to help with their investigations.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa_CC after having an update to the Virginmedia Connect app yesterday the problem of it not being able to find my Hub 3 has reared its ugly head again, and say's "We can't find your hub" "Looks like we've lost connection. Please try installing again", I have done this 6 times, deleted & reinstalled the app, rebooted my hub and it still can't find my Hub 3. I can only suggest that if you are going to release and app or update an app you test it thoroughly it before releasing it to the public. The next question is how much longer before the is a version of the app that works properly. People are paying enough for Virginmedia services & we are not getting what we pay for.

Can this problem be fixed ASAP.

Regards Bill_H (disgruntled with the service).

TB9
On our wavelength

When the Latest Virgin Connect App updated yesterday, it found my Hub 3 straight away, and although it now takes even longer to find my devices, it did in fact find them all. This morning(Saturday, 15/10/22) I ran the App and would you believe, "Ooops, Something went wrong, Retry? or contact support" and I'm sat less than a metre from it!

Contacting support by phone is useless. You often get someone in a foreign country who is difficult to understand, who will just say this is technical and they'll escalate it to technical dept, or book an engineer to come. As if an engineer is able to fix a broken App!

I echo Bill_H comments in making sure an App or update works perfectly before rolling it out. We didn't have these problems on the original Connect App.

Come on Virgin, get your act together.

Hi @TB9
We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 
The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 
For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 
If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 
Pop back and keep us posted. 
Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs