cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Ap

yowfailed
Tuning in

Guys

i open the ‘New’ connect Ap and click on broadband. I watch the spinning wheel of death for 5 minutes or so only for it to report that it cannot ding my Hub. I’m sat 4 feet away from the rooter in the same room! Any ideas guys?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
see this...

The connect App has recently become "buggy" after upgrading its firmware.

Note the large number of new threads on here complaining of App issues.

A VM person will respond here in a day or two and comment on what you can try.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
see this...

The connect App has recently become "buggy" after upgrading its firmware.

Note the large number of new threads on here complaining of App issues.

A VM person will respond here in a day or two and comment on what you can try.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi yowfailed, 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 
The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 
For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 
If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 
Pop back and keep us posted. 
Thanks, 

Nat

Nat

Thanks for your response to my question. There are however ‘issues’ with your response.

You state, for an Apple device  Open settings> tap on name> tap icloud> tap manage settings?? There is no option “manage Settings”??

It would appear that once again VM roll out new tech that fails to work.

Hi yowfailed,

If you  tap on your name, then icloud, you then need to go to apps using icloud, then show all. It should then list Connect App.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex

I’ve been there, done that. tapped on my name, then iCloud, there is no Connect App listed on either my iPhone or iPad.

I rang VM customer support, spoke to ‘James’ somewhere on the sub continent. He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Top marks again VM!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply yowfailed. 

I am sorry the app is not listed on your devices. 

Have you removed the app and reinstalled it?

Nat

Hi Nat

I hadn’t deleted and reinstalled the App until you said. Ive now done that and wish I hadn’t. The App is now very hit and miss 😞 I’m sure VM will sort it eventually, give them 12 months or so:-)

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Our apologies for the issues with the app yowfailed. 

Our team are still working on getting this resolved. 

We will update you with more information as soon as it becomes available. 

Nat

thanks Nat 🙂