cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing upgrade experience - m500 not available, no hub?

ivixor
Joining in

So I upgraded online from M200 to M500, and got email confirmation of my new order.

After two weeks and no new hub, I just called VM tech support and incredibly they have no record of my order at all. Not only that, M500 is now listed as not available to me.

So I accepted an upgrade to M350 instead and signed up for new contract based on that.

However, I only have a Superhub 2ac, which firstly is ancient and second is apparently not capable of m350 speeds. However tech support insists it is and that I will not get a new hub.

Does anyone here have any idea what's going on? The ideal resolution for me is M500 with a new SH5, but I'll accept SH5 and M350 if that's not available (why?).

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Yes you need a new hub.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

A hub 3 is needed for M350 and is good up to M600.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks. Any idea why m500 was listed as available for me and now isn't? Local capacity?

Hi ivixor

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion over the speeds, this sounds like a capacity issue. I'll send you a PM now to order the new router though

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi ivixor,

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to resolve this for you. If you do ever need anything, please pop us a public post and we can assist further.

kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill