cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting Settings

Chopper1885
Joining in

My WiFi pod won't connect to the hub 3. 

The virgin app said I needed to optimise my WiFi which I did and now the app is saying that my WiFi pod has conflicting settings but when I select my SSID it just returns an error and the wifi pod in the app is showing an Amber status.

How do I resolve this?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Chopper1885 

Have you changed anything on your hub?

The pods only work under certain conditions.

Keep your Hub in Router Mode - Do not put the Hub into Modem Mode, as this disables the Wi-Fi and your Pods are connecting to your Hub via Wi-Fi. Likewise, if you use a third-party router it will not work because the Pods are designed to specifically connect directly with VM's Hubs only.

Do not split the SSID – If the SSID is split then the hub treats the two bands as two different standalone networks (the same as picking up your neighbours Wi-Fi when you search for a network). The Smart Wi-Fi cannot move a device between different networks.

Do not disable either bands – If both bands (2.4GHz and 5Ghz) are not switched on then the software cannot move the device for optimisation, which essentially disables the Smart Wi-Fi.

You should also ensure that Chanel Optimisation is enabled in your hub settings.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best to do a 60 second pinhole reset and this will set the Hub back to factory settings. This is the settings for the Pods to work.

@newapollo is also correct as above btw. The pinhole is just a quick way to achieve the same thing .

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks