Menu
davemaz1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Comtrend vm powerlines SH3

Hi I’m wondering if anyone has had problems using the VM comtrend powerlines and WiFi boosters ?when first set up they work brilliantly but after a few hour WiFi stars being strange drops to really low speeds and speed tests get erratic,certain things like I can’t view live video from my doorbell. 

Ive tryed all sorts reset and repaired loads of times atm I’ve gone back to using tp links but I can only get WiFi in half the house. I really would love to find out what’s going on because the when they work they are brilliant any ideas? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Comtrend vm powerlines SH3

Good morning davemaz1,

Welcome to the community.

My apologies you are having an issue with the powerline adaptors. When you notice this issue, does it happen on all devices? On both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network? If you connect straight to the Hub 3 wireless, without any powerlines connected, do you get the same issue?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davemaz1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam it seems to effect everything including the speed when connected to the main hub I’ve had to disconnect them and revert back to the tp links. 

It starts acting up where I can’t view the ring doorbell then I do a speed test it jumps all over the place get a max speed of about 20/30 meg 

the only way I can get it back is to reset powerlines and the hub it then works for about an hour then back to the same 

these comtrend power lines seem to be new to virgin as I can’t find much info on them any ideas would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi davemaz1,,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just so I understand, you get the same issue with speed if you disconnect all powerline adapters (both Comtrend and TP Links) and have devices connected just to the Hub 3?

If that is the case then we need to complete further tests with just the Hub 3. We would need speed tests completed when the Hub is in modem mode.

If not, and everything works fine with the TP links, then something may be causing an issue or interference with the Comtrend.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davemaz1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam it works fine once the virgin comtrend adapters are disconnected and hub is reset it’s only when the virgin comtrend adaptors are in it all goes wrong. 

Im using the tp links again but they cause there own separate issues which is why I was provided the virgin adapters I can’t figure out why it all goes very wrong. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi davemaz1

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and your downstream power levels are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you.

I will pop you a Pm to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon.

Emma

0 Kudos
davemaz1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma thanks for taking a look I have replyed to the pm 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi davemaz1, 

Many thanks for getting back to me. I have arranged an appointment. Please take a look and let me know if you need me to change this. 

Take care. 

Emma

0 Kudos
swivel
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same problem as you, hopefully the engineers visit will sort it.

0 Kudos