cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliant being ignored

MRAmes13
Joining in

I have been having Internet issues doe around 2 years.. Lots of phone calls and engineers later and still no better. I logged a compliment in the 19tg July.. No one has bothered to come back to me. This morning I havw been told its no longer on the system. A manager was supposed to call me before 10am yesterday and nothing.. A manager is supposed to be calling today and nothing.. Have been directed to this page.. Can anyone help or will I just be fobbed off again 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you losing internet connections on ethernet cable connections? If so what Hub model is it and what are the various light on it showing/doing when it happens

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'll flag this for forum staff to advise, they'll usually be able to help.  

If things don't get resolved, then 8 weeks after your complaint was lodged you can escalate to CISAS the industry arbitration scheme, so that's 13th September.  That gives the forum staff and VM two weeks to get things sorted, and an informal resolution by VM would be your easiest option.

You may want to reserve the CISAS escalation if you think that a proper complaint resolution that includes compensation for protracted poor service is not offered.

Can you confirm that my compliant from the 19th July is still on the system as the lady komal I spoke to this morning told me it was not on  the system then she said it was closed and then told me she never said any of it.. I did log a second complaint in the 26th August as the first one has been ignored for so long

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They never call back - its usually the offshore CS agents standard response to get you off the phone and move on to the next customer.

A VM person will respond on here in a day or two and ought to be able to let you know where the complaint is - I believe they have 8 weeks post complaint to get back to you. I "think" if you log into your online account it should appear in there somewhere - have a look there if you havent.

There are several regular contributors on here who understand the VM complaints procedure in great detail and ought to comment when they get here.

EDIT: and Andrew-G is one of them 😎

In the meantime - if you can describe the technical details of your Internet issues - perhaps someone can help. Is it speed issues, disconnections, are they occurring on both ethernet and wifi connections, what equipment are you using, what dis the Tech's say when they visited, etc

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi MRAmes13

Thanks for posting.

My apologies about the complaint dispute. 

I shall PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

8 weeks that's ridiculous.. I have spoken to at least 4 people since a logged the complaint and no one has told me this.. We just keep losing Internet connection.. We have boosters which the engineer removed as they don't work and every time I call they just try to sell me more.. Saturday all cables where changed.. Hub moved Again and new hub installed no difference at all.. Just so fed up when trying to work from home 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you losing internet connections on ethernet cable connections? If so what Hub model is it and what are the various light on it showing/doing when it happens

--------------------
John
--------------------

It's WiFi Internet connection that keeps stopping.. We have a brand new hub that was installed on Saturday...i do lots of reboots as told and the light changes depending if its working or not.. The engineer also changed all of the cables in the house to 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is a wifi only issue then.....I suspect a complaint will get you nowhere - wifi isnt "guaranteed" - only ethernet connections are.

... on a Hub3, you can try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" apply and save the settings. All wifi devices will need reconnecting to the best SSID at each location. Also use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just select and use channels 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz) - this often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂

To address the wifi problems, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not... you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thank you for your detailed reply.. We already have the split WiFi, this has been done a few times.. They keep trying to sell me the different boosters but the engineer said they won't guarantee to work and I am not prepared to give them any more money.. I can't have an ethernet cable in my laptop as its not close enough to the hub.. I was never told Internet isn't guaranteed until last week.. If that's the case I just need to find a service provider who can..thanks