Menu
stargate1990
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Completely lost internet super hub 1

Hi i do not own the broadband as I'm a lodger but the person I pay rent to is away for a while  so my options are limited, 

Last night I was using the internet and the router reset itself and since then nothing is working I informed the landlady she said she phoned and said that they said it be online today. The top light is blue always flashing the other 2 are green. When I try to connect it with my PS4 it says unable to find DNS? I'm stumped and I need the internet to finish my online training for work. Thank you

0 Kudos
stargate1990
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Completely lost internet super hub 1

Update: I checked the TV package and that says the internet is working okay so it's looking like something happened to the super hub??

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The SH1 is a museum piece now and should be replaced - there is a free replacement scheme in place already.
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

Are you trying to connect by ethernet cable or wifi?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
stargate1990
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying to my post.

Nothing has changed the internet tick is stable green same with WiFi the top transfer light is blue and constantly going, I have tried both WiFi and ethernet. And I know it's old I've informed the landlady that there's a problem with the router and she said she'd get it sorted when she gets back but that's very inconvinient.  

Thank you!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I dont have have an SH1 so cant really help directly. I do know it only broadcasts one wifi network band at a time, that you select (2.4GHz or 5GHz). Which is yours supposed to be doing?
You could try changing it in the settings.
Unplug it for 5 minutes and then plug it in and start it up and see if that helps.
Or you could try a pinhole factory reset of the Hub to see if it springs back to life - with Hub on, press in the push pin till it stops and hold it for 60 seconds and then release - It will reset al the settings and change passwords to those printed on the Hub's sticker - so worth making sure the sticker is still there and the passwords readable first !
You could ask her to call in for the Hub replacement that they will send out in the post for a self-install but that may take time also.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
stargate1990
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I tried the factory reset that did nothing to help, it's set to 2.4ghz on WiFi I haven't tried to change it yet. It's a weird one because from what I can tell it should be working?

Thank you for the quick response. 🙂

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried with an ethernet cable connection ? If not do so if you can

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
stargate1990
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

One of the first things I tried was an ethernet ethernet cable it couldn't detect DNS, when I try WiFi it says "connected but no internet" which I don't understand because the router shows green on network connection and WiFi 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Run CMD
and
ping 8.8.8.8

0 Kudos
stargate1990
Joining in