cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete loss of service after powercut

MariaV
Joining in

Yesterday in the MK41 7RS area we had a power cut. It lasted roughly 6hrs. Since power has been restored, we've lost our Internet and TV. The virgin TV just says 'Unable to prepare channel info' and if you try it just gets stuck at 16%. Our hub 4 is constantly flashing red and I've tried rebooting 5 times to no avail. Seems to me the powecut has disrupted something because UK power networks had to do some digging in order to fix cables underneath the ground and in wondering if this has effected something. We had power cut 2 days ago thag lasted 50mins and was simply a blown fuse at sub station, our Virgin service came back fine, but given this time they had to dig underground I'm worried they've caused issues.

Any help would be appriciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Check for a local service fault : 0800 561 0061

Yes, there are several faults in the area. Most likely caused off the back of the powecut it seems 

Hi MariaV,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, sorry to see you had a power cut in the area which caused multiple issues, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues at present, how have things been since your last post?

Regards

Paul.