Menu
Vic35
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaint - no one replies

I used web chat on Saturday 13/02/21 to ask what could be done to stop my wifi problems. It repeatedly drops out, daily. I teach special needs children from home during lockdown & am trying to sort this in half term. After being given the runaround, including multiple security questions (which is fine, but I’m stating this to illustrate someone could / should have viewed my account).

To cut a long story short I was told I should change my package to the Ultimate Oomph package for £89 for 18 months. I agreed. I was given a phone number as it “couldn’t be done online” ?! This took an hour. I have screen shots of the full web chat.  

Sadly, the phone guidance didn’t work. I then had to call independently, only to be told that department couldn’t help and was given a 0203 number for a department that “would be able to help”.

After 40 mins waiting I finally got through to someone who told me I can’t have what was promised on web chat- no explanation why. The operative agreed to talk to her manager and call back. That was 5 days ago. I sent all copies of the web chat to this team. I’ve emailed since, no reply. 

My contract ends 27/02/21. The Ultimate Oomph deal ends today. It’s 10 days!!  You can’t complain, you can’t get a human to help, web chat lies to you to get rid of you.

£1500 a year for this!? I’m so frustrated. Can no one help??? 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint - no one replies

I can't help with the account questions - that'll need VM.. but might be able to help with the connectivity problems.. i'd also say that upgrading your package will rarely result in improved service - so think carefully about upgrading..

what broadband package are you currently on, and how many users are there in your household using the VM connection for other things (working from home, schooling from home etc..)

are you able to test how the connection works when using an ethernet cable? appreciate that this might be a little inconvenient, but it's an important step because if everything works perfectly when using ethernet then we can chalk this up to the usual poor wifi from the hub and you can take things into your own hands and get yourself a decent router/mesh system to resolve it.

can you set up a BQM - once set up, find the Live Graph and click "Create Sharing Link" - post that back here.

0 Kudos
Vic35
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ll check this out - thanks! There are 4 users - working from home, home schooling, streaming lectures etc. The package would give a speed boost 200 mbps to 600 mbps - do you think that would help? 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

With four active users it might help. You have ample download bandwidth, but upstream, which on the 200mb package is ~20mb, might be constrained depending on what everyone is doing. The upstream bandwidth on the 600mb package is either ~40 or ~50mb, I’m not sure, but either way it’s a decent chunk more than you currently have.

before you pull the trigger on that though, let’s make sure that everything looks good because if there are problems, they will likely carry over to the higher speed service and you may not actually cure the problem..

RedGooner
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will just put down to the SH not being able to cope with all you accessing it at the same time.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?