cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Handling Failures = 100% Achieved

dbrjrievcdhdkeb
On our wavelength
I've made two formal complaints on two different problems. I have screenshots of both. They were accepted by the website and reference numbers were issued.

The first has disappeared without a trace - the reference number was provided by the website but no email confirmation arrived. Nothing. Silence.

The second received a standard email acknowledgement and was then closed by someone who had clearly not read the complaint --- the explanation didn't address the fault described. Talk to the hand.

Meanwhile, neither of the complaints appeared on my account at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-cases/view. There is no way to read a complaint after submission, track progress, reply to VM's responses to the complaint, confirm whether the complaint has been resolved, or reopen complaints that are not resolved satisfactorily.

Basically, the complaints handling process seems to have failed me in almost every aspect.

If you're a customer planning to complain, please make sure you keep your own records of the complaint --- you should not expect a helpful or constructive complaints handling process from VM.

But perhaps, I haven't found the right page on VM's byzantine website... has anyone else found a way to track and reopen complaints?
5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are these complaints about contract matters or a poor connection? 

If the latter, post some details and you may well get it sorted much quicker here than through the lengthy complaints procedure.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

"I've had a look into your account and I can currently see 2 open complaints, the first C-xxxxxxx appears to reference on going issues with your WiFi as well as the fact that you are unhappy with your former complaint. Do you have the complaint reference number for the old complaint at all? "

This is from a private message from the forum team - seems Virgin are unable to track their own data. This seems quite worrying from a GDPR perspective - I have attempted to make a DSAR (I do not expect a response from Virgin, in-line with their typical behaviour) and would be interested to see if they are fulfilling their obligations. 

I am sure ICO will be very interested as well, once referred to them 🙂

I'm not the accountholder for the family account but am authorised and have unfortunately had to complain to Virgin multiple times. 

DSARs are useful for complaints both at VM and at other companies. However, you might want to lay back and relax while getting your DSAR from Virgin. Ours took 69 days - submitted 29/04/2020, and received 01/07/2020 with the acknowledgement coming on 29/06/2020. It is quite frustrating, and I was about to report VM to ICO but never did 😞

The information you get is not exactly put together in a great way either. Data is scattered everywhere and is not put together professionally - but it still technically meets regulatory requirements, if you get everything you are looking for. You'll see when you get the data. 

Good luck, and have a great weekend.

P.S. love your username by the way 🙂 - surprised it hadn't been used up yet

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

We all know that Virginmedia's customer support is appalling, and customers regularly leave out of frustration.

But why would anyone want to spend hours and months of their lives trying to score points off a big multi-national company?  It's like flies trying to hurt an elephant.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dbrjrievcdhdkeb

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to speak to our team around your complaints as of yet? Where are they up to now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs