cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complains not going through

TeddyTRK
Superfast

Hi, I keep posting complains via the "Raise a Complaint" section on the VM website after you log in and it's not giving me a reference, confirmation email or anything.

It just says "your complaint has been received, your complaint reference is ****"

No reference, just 4 * keys and nothing else

Edward | VM 1 Gig Volt Package | Telephone | Hub 5 | VM 360 box | VM 360 Multi-Room x2 | I do not work for Virgin Media, all opinions are my own.
8 REPLIES 8

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TeddyTRK

Sorry to hear you've had a poor experience and raised a complaint, it's certainly not the experience we want for any of our customers.

Once a complaint is raised via the form it is passed to the relevant team to fully investigate, once this has been completed a member of the team will be in touch with an offer of resolution. Please be aware this can take up to 28 days as agreed with CISAS and our regulators. More details on our Complaints Code Of Practice can be found here

Rob

But it hasn't, I can't track or see my complain. It keeps coming up with "Reference Number:****" with just 4 stars next to it. I have had this issue all week

Edward | VM 1 Gig Volt Package | Telephone | Hub 5 | VM 360 box | VM 360 Multi-Room x2 | I do not work for Virgin Media, all opinions are my own.

Hi @TeddyTRK

Good afternoon and thank you for your reply

Can you run through the form on a different browser to see if you can then raise the complaint successfully through there please? It should then provide a reference number as I tested that for myself and it worked for me there.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Screenshot_20221011-230927_Chrome.jpg

 spent 20 minutes writing my complaint to have it not go through. This is an deliberate attempt to stop customers from speaking out about the poor service. Funny its ongoing and now october and is denying people raising there voice about your poor practices and services. 

Hey joycemorrision63, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry it took you a while to make a complaint.

I understand this is frustrating however from this screenshot the complaint has gone through you should have also been given a reference number.

With this number you can track the complaint via this link

However I will send you a PM so we can look into this, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No because the complaints page is not working and tried years ago also to make a complaint and back then i gave up but now years later its still doesnt work. Please justify yourselves from blocking your customers from making a standpoint? This isnt the first time its been going on as i explained its been going on for a long time. Ive got evidence my complaint hasnt gone through and believe me ive tried many times. If i had a reference number do you think ill be still here?

And if you ask it doesnt work on any device that you use. Pc, laptop, game console browser, different phone browsers....ect ect. Seems to me you block the accounts (virginmedia) you sign in to complain from, this is definitely deliberate. As it works perfectly when i complain from a different virginmedia account to test with (my sisters) and it works. Explain this to me? You infact, as soon as you get word that a customer is ready to complain, you instantly deny them and instead you expect me to ring your customer service up who doesnt understand me and they hang up to believe you would note my complaint down. But this wont be recorded for myself will it? So either release the due compensation for loss of services (outage) that lasted more than 2 days with compensation for the stress ive been under getting the justice i deserve and you agreed to when you signed up with the automatic compensation scheme!

@joycemorrison63 wrote:

No because the complaints page is not working and tried years ago also to make a complaint and back then i gave up but now years later its still doesnt work. Please justify yourselves from blocking your customers from making a standpoint? This isnt the first time its been going on as i explained its been going on for a long time. Ive got evidence my complaint hasnt gone through and believe me ive tried many times. If i had a reference number do you think ill be still here?

And, of course you are absolutely right, like many other parts of VM’s back end operations, the on line complaints system does appear to be fundamentally broken (for example, even if we accept the premise that your complain has been accepted (it actually hasn’t), how would you track it or request an update on it with a complaint number of xxxx?

In a bizarre way this is all fine, when, inevitably, your complaint ends up on the desk of the industry adjudicator, then VM having a broken and dysfunctional complaints system will mitigate even further in your favour - an example of corporate ‘shooting themselves in the foot’ for very short term gain!

Do keep records of every interaction you have had with VM, won’t you, what was promised (including the comment above from a member of the forum team), what actually happened, will be invaluable in the future!