Menu
Tharan001
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Compensation

Hi,

Since Monday 4/01/21, my 50MB fibre broadband has been intermittently disconnecting and very slow during working hours 9.30-5.30pm and after it's fine and also weekend. Today is the 19th and it's still happening, now VM are sending an engineer to the house to investigate and fix this Thursday. I've called so many times and speaking to customer service and told the issue was contention one and the fix date was 01/02/21. 

During this time the app and service outage said there is a good service. I only found out by speaking to technical support that this has been the case for the last month, however not acknowledged as a service outage.

Can you advise on what I am entitled in terms of compensation for 2 weeks and counting for service not fit for purpose?

I have a case ref number if you need it.

Thanks,

Tharan

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation

Details here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation

It’s only for a total loss of service for 48 consecutive hours or more.

intermittent ones are not counted.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi