cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

Lucia11
Joining in

I did not have the internet 19/1/23 @9.15pm until 20/1/23 @4pm. I was assured by Virgin Media that I would be compensated for this and it would appear on my next bill, but it has not.

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Lucia11 wrote:

I did not have the internet 19/1/23 @9.15pm until 20/1/23 @4pm. I was assured by Virgin Media that I would be compensated for this and it would appear on my next bill, but it has not.

VM has two clear working days to fix a fault before any compensation is applied so for an outage of less than 24 hours there would be no compensation, unfortunately.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Compensation kicks in two working days after the fault is reported by a customer.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Lucia11 wrote:

i guess that was a statement from offshore who excel in being clueless - if the comment was verbal then not much you can do about although you can try - but if it was via whatsapp and you have the screen shots then wait for staff to get here and see what they say - a statement if reasonable is legally binding even if wrong so you can push for the compensation which will be £8 or so as it was one day

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lucia11 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear you had a loss of service and was advised incorrectly about our automatic compensation policy. 

As the community has also advised, automatic compensation is accessed after 2 consecutive days of a registered total loss of service of either broadband or landline. As you have advised you only received 1 day, then you would not be eligible for automatic compensation this time. 

You can register for total loss of service either via your online account, through the service status page or by calling our service status line on 0800 561 0061. 

Once the outage is closed at our side, your service is then accessed and any compensation automatically awarded, which would be visible on the next produced bill. You can find out more about our automatic compensation policy here if needed. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

my posts seem to have been deleted - so again to the OP - the advice above is wrong you are entitled to the one day of compensation as it was offered by a VM employee so thats legally binding

its up to you if you want to push it - its £8.40 to you plus [say] £50 for being messed about and lied to - it will cost VM another few hundred

your call

Tony - Sacked VIP

Tony.
Sacked VIP

With the caveat that I'm no lawyer but as VM has a written and readily accessible policy on compensation I think it highly unlikely that incorrect information provided by an agent in any way invalidates the policy.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

i think you need to rethink that Roger - how many times have people gone to arbitration for lies told by VM on deal prices etc etc and won - an offer or statement made by an employee - if reasonable will be upheld - in this case the statement was made and the OP accepted it 

somewhere there is a similar post where a staff member took it on board and arranged a refund to be given

nothing different here 

Tony.
Sacked VIP