cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation offered then refused

horsetowater
On our wavelength

Promised compensation re live chat. Refused ever since. Have raised a complaint.

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

T&C's of the automatic compensation scheme at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

unless you have a recording of the promise or meet the above it’s not worth following up.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

horsetowater
On our wavelength

68392299-C56C-4105-B93A-0B46E25CCA46.png

horsetowater
On our wavelength

5F5EA07D-EF02-4A38-AC2C-951DEE18D1B2.png

horsetowater
On our wavelength

Calling up, was told not only did they refuse to credit me, they didn’t have access to the chat system and would not supply me with an email address to upload these screenshots to. 

horsetowater
On our wavelength

The complaint number is C-140223562. I will keep this thread updated.

This is not the first time compensation for loss of service has been offered and not provided. 

I am moving to another provider for a faster service at under half the cost and would urge anyone else unhappy with virgin to look at other options, particularly with this latest price increase. 

@horsetowater wrote:

5F5EA07D-EF02-4A38-AC2C-951DEE18D1B2.png

thats clear enough and hopefully staff here will sort it - what was said is BS imo loss of service is £8.40 a day not £8.06 and its paid after 2 full working days so at best you would have 2 days and if the problem was solved before midnight on the 4th day that would not count

BUT an agent was clear what they were going to pay even if wrong so [again] imo you are entitled to the amount offered

see if staff sort it if not its the arbitrator - you have opened a complaint - you need to let that run 8 weeks if they have not replied - if they do reply reject anything other than what you are owed and request a deadlock letter which they will likely ignore - they have a legal right to issue one but what the hell - they drive coaches and horses through whats legal

so ultimately its the arbitrator - if it goes that far then add £100 on for them extracting the urine and not doing what they offered etc etc

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi horsetowater, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've had trouble getting credit applied to your account. Usually when there is a loss of service for your landline and/or broadband, the account is automatically assessed for automatic compensation. It sounds as though the live chat agent has gotten confused with this. 

As this isn't your fault, we can take things from here and get the complaint sorted for you. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi horsetowater, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm glad we've been able to resolve things for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know here 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs