cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coaxial to Ethernet?

Rafski
Joining in

Hi,

sorry if it’s been asked somewhere already, but I can’t find a similar question.

I have a tv box (1008C STB VM) in room upstairs, which I don’t use now. I still have a cable going all the way from the main tv box downstairs, and I wonder if I could use that coax cable to connect my pc via Ethernet port? Are there any adapters/ converters that would make it work, or can this cable be used only with with the tv box?

3 REPLIES 3

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi the coxial cable can only be used for virgin TV and broadband hubs. Regards Micky

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is possible to use coax for Ethernet, done a lot in the US, but certainly NOT with VM coax. It’s against the T&C to alter the VM installled equipment in any way.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

If you google Moca adapters you will find it’s possible but you need to ensure the cable is not connected to the VM network in any way 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more