cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coax extension cable

BigAl_R
On our wavelength

Hi

We are currently building a two-storey extension on the side of our house. Virgin Media comes into the house in the downstairs living room, which is furthest away from the new extension. The builders electrician has recommended that I phone Virgin Media to request supply of 100 metres of Coax cable so he can run this additional cable from where the Virgin comes into the house, under the floor, to the new extension, where I can then book a Virgin Media technician to come out and put in an additional Virgin box and/or booster to ensure the wifi signal is good in the new part of the house.

I have just called Virgin Media, but they say they only supply coax cable in 5m, 10m, or 15m lengths.

My understanding is that the extension cable must be supplied from Virgin Media, so I am a bit "in limbo" how to proceed. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Alan

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Ash_C

Many thanks for coming back to me on this. At the moment I need to put this "on hold" until I speak to our electrician and get a full understanding of what he was planning for this job. Once I've done that, I'll hopefully be in a position to come back to you. Hope that's ok.

Thanks again for your help, and the help of the community members. It really is apprecited.

Best regards

Alan

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

That's no problem at all. When you're ready, pop back to us in the Community and we can get things arranged for you. 

We're also here if you have any further queries or questions. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs