cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clover PDQ problems

bosstoad
Tuning in

Has anyone experienced problems with using Clover PDQ equipment with Virgin Broadband and found solutions please?

18 REPLIES 18

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you are talking to Clover, it would be as well to let them know if they don't already, that Virgin Business and Virgin Media their residential service use different modem/routers, and this might just have an influence on the problem.

As this is the Virgin Media forum, you won't get any official support here for business uses.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for your note, is there a separate User Forum for the Business product please? Incidentally I am also a personal customer of Virgin Media.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I don't think there is, no. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Work in IT for Retail and Funeral.

I believe it has to do with the way the Hitron router makes a connection to VM over a GRE tunnel, and not allowing a proper modem only mode without having a group of static IPs... but without testing I cant say for sure.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bosstoad 

I'm afraid there isn't a business forum.

Link to the VM Business contact details

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have now received a response from Virgin Business pointing me to Port Forwarding on the Hitron Router..... Clover use Port 443.

Not familiar yet with this but will investigate. This reply to give you an update in case you are familiar with the technique.

I upgraded to 1 gig and the router was changed to a Hitron Chita and the problem disappeared.

Hi bosstoad, thanks for the message. 

I am glad to hear that the router has resolved things for you. 

Please let us know if you need anything further. 

Kind regards, Chris.