cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Sync Dropbox

James80
Joining in

I have a Synology NAS drive connected to my Virgin router Hub 3.0. My NAS is setup using Cloud Sync to sync to my Dropbox. This has been working as it should with my previous ISP. I have recently moved over to Virgin and this functionality has stopped working. My files are not syncing with Dropbox. Please can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth66
Joining in

I know this doesn't help, but I have exactly the same problem. All worked fine with my last ISP. I think it's something to do with Virgin, not Synology and Clouds Sync as I get network connection error in Cloud Sync when trying to connect to Dropbox AND Google Drive.

Both Dropbox and Google Drive show that they have allowed access to Cloud Sync but I can't create a task within Cloud Sync.... just get the 'connection error. Check network settings' message.

@Gareth66 wrote:

I know this doesn't help, but I have exactly the same problem. All worked fine with my last ISP. I think it's something to do with Virgin, not Synology and Clouds Sync as I get network connection error in Cloud Sync when trying to connect to Dropbox AND Google Drive.

Both Dropbox and Google Drive show that they have allowed access to Cloud Sync but I can't create a task within Cloud Sync.... just get the 'connection error. Check network settings' message.

Can you navigate to them in a browser?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, as far as I can see everything else works. Certainly no problem logging in as usual through a browser. I only noticed the problem because files weren’t updating between the Synology, my computer and Dropbox. Looking at the Cloud Sync Task list showed constantly ‘connecting’. Tried pausing, unpausing but no help. Eventually deleted the task and then added again but now the connection error shows when you try to link Cloud Sync to Dropbox. Also tried deleting and reinstalling Cloud Sync. I’ve messed around with as many different network settings on the Synology as I can too. The same thing happens on a second Synology NAS too.  Very frustrating as it’s worked perfectly for years!  

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi James80, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm afraid as this is in relation to third party equipment, it's not something we can help with. There may be other VIP's or Community members who can help. 

Failing that, we do have a Gadget Rescue Team who do provide support for issues such as this however they are a chargeable service. You can find out more on this here

Keep the thread updated on any fixes you find. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've also just come across this thread which may help provide some more insight for you. 

NAS doesn't connect since router upgrade

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs