cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Child Safe' stuck on after house move

GHJ1
Joining in

Good afternoon, 

After looking on this forum, this seems to be a reasonably common problem and hopefully it's something a rep can help me with on their end. 

I moved house recently and took my broadband router and contract with me to get reconnected at my new address. Since getting connected, I have been experiencing the 'Child Safe' feature as being active even though I have definitely disabled it on my end:

GHJ1_0-1664627411745.png

GHJ1_1-1664627455780.png

I hope someone is able to please help.

--GHJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey GHJ1, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some issues with child lock.

I can look into this for you, I will send you a PM.

Please do look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GHJ1 

When you move property VM set up a new account at the new property.

When you sign into My Virgin Media, is it showing the account number for your old property or your new property?

If it's still showing the old account number then that may be why the Child safe isn't changing.

It may be that VM need to perform a "move and transfer" of your details across from the old account to the new one.(It's usually done as part of the home move process)

If my assumption is correct then you could call in and speak to the home move team, however Forum Staff may be able to do this for you, but it may take a couple of days before they pick it up

Please update the thread to advise if My Virgin Media is still showing your old account details.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey GHJ1, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some issues with child lock.

I can look into this for you, I will send you a PM.

Please do look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

GHJ1
Joining in

Thanks for both of your help! I was able to get this turned off by speaking to a member of the Move Team over the phone. The problem has been resolved.