cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Safe Turned off but blocking sites

amalrajkerala95
Tuning in

Hi Team,

I have turned off the Child Safe and have restarted my Wifi box as well as my personal connected devices, but still websites are being blocked, please help me in keeping all websites open to access.

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @amalrajkerala95

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums. 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your services. Can I ask if you are able to access these sites when using a device not connected to the WiFi?

Do you get a message at all when you try to access the sites? Is it all sites or just some in particular? 

Thank you.

Hi Ash_C, I can access those sites when not connected to Wifi (using mobile datapack) I can access . Also while trying to access when connected to Wifi I get banner page which says your Child Lock is turned On, which in reality it is turned off and also have restarted the devices still child turn seems not removed some bug kinda thing. Can you please push the change from Backend as I have seen couple of same issues people are facing around with child lock even turned off and can't access certain websites e.g VPN websites, certain blogs(marked 18+) etc. please help me in removing any such access restrictions that's applied over my connection. 

Best Regards,

Amalraj 

Hi amalrajkerala95

Thanks for coming back to the thread

I shall send you a PM now to assist further

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amalrajkerala95

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me those details. 

I have removed child safe for you now, should be instant but you may need to reboot the router.

Is there anything further we can assist with today?

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you John, its working now !!!

Good to close issue ticket if any 🙂

Hi amalrajkerala95,

Thanks for the update - I'm glad to hear things are now resolved. If you do need anything else, feel free to make a new post and the team/community will be more than happy to lend a hand.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ