Menu
chenks
Wise owl
Message 11 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing my IP in modem mode HELP

it's the same for any device.
mac adddress is hard coded to the hardware.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:

it's the same for any device.
mac adddress is hard coded to the hardware.

You can change the MAC on a 3rd party router this is true.

chenks
Wise owl
Message 13 of 25
Flag for a moderator

you can spoof a mac address, but every network chip has a hard coded mac address.
changing it would just be spoofing another piece of hardwares mac address.

show me a router that officially support changing the mac address.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:

show me a router that officially support changing the mac address.

Really? The one I link to above does

page 63

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NBG6617/user_guide/NBG6617_1.00_ed2.pdf

or from a ZyXEL ZyWALL 110 or USG 40 and Edgerouter lite

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 15 of 25
Flag for a moderator

that's not physically changing the mac address, that's spoofing (as i have already said).
you're using a mac address of another device, which could cause it's own set of problems.

i have an edgerouter, so i know what the setting does (the screenshot is from an edgerouter).
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:
that's not physically changing the mac address, that's spoofing (as i have already said).
you're using a mac address of another device, which could cause it's own set of problems.

i have an edgerouter, so i know what the setting does (the screenshot is from an edgerouter).

You don't need to physically change the MAC the MAC you set is the MAC it uses for DHCP and using a clone host of one of your devices as the WAN MAC causes no problems.

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 17 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unfortunately Virgin media only use static ip’s based on the MAC address on their super hubs however having the equipment in router mode and/or modem mode Will give you two different ip’s but restarting the equipment won’t assign you a new ip so there for having the hub in modem mode then a 3rd party router will give you a new different ip based on the MAC address of that router or ask vm for a new hub to get that new ip

Iv never heard of betting sites banning VPN’s but a quick google search from my understanding now its only illegal if the country your in makes betting illegal so by being uk based and using a uk vpn you should be ok. Expressvpn are very good at unlocking websites and streaming services. (Hello Netflix)

This may also help https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/access-bet365-abroad-with-a-vpn/

I use Expressvpn all the time on everything phones pc’s nas drives & Xbox one never had a problem. A quick test found that using a uk server on bet365 will work but a non-uk server say Germany won’t work as it’s all down to location. At the end of the day VPN’s are made to encrypt your internet connection to help with privacy and stop attacks, I’m using a vpn right now virgin are not going to stop or ban me! lol it all depends how the vpn is used.

1: I recommend using ASUS routers in which the wan ip’s can be changed using MAC ADDRESS CLONING I do this every so often with my 68u as this is handy to stop ddos Attacks.

https://youtu.be/kgvmnKVsiOw

8BA8111B-D337-4158-91F8-CDEEC53B7985.jpeg

2: Connect the router to port 4 on the hub (The port closest to the input coax feed)

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

3: it’s easy to setup any new router just by following the on screen propt but remember to change the default passwords both log-in and WiFi 

4: It Highly recommended that you use a good paid vpn NOT the FREE one’s.

5: Why should isp’s give their customers a VPN free when it’s not for everyone after all the way things are going now with internet privacy there the ones watching what you do online, they can see that you go on Z website and service and download torrents.

brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 18 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Notice here iv had different ip’s with the same  equipment all down to MAC ADDRESS CLONING 🤔4E7C73BB-5AC5-45AA-A6C1-EC86645B49DC.jpeg

1AC954B5-E005-4D29-AFA1-FC36A23FA408.jpeg

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 19 of 25
Flag for a moderator

It can be hard to trace ddos attacks especially when using paid bots  even though it’s against rules and regs but that doesn’t stop people from doing it 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 25
Flag for a moderator

until you fill the CMTS DHCP table and you all lose internet.

There is a limit to the number of DHCP addresses that can be assigned in a given time before they time out, that is why the system is designed by mac address

0 Kudos