Menu
ryanicholson1
Joining in
Message 21 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing my IP in modem mode HELP

most helpful answer, I think I'll invest in a VPN and yes there was no question that I would use a paid one. Wouldn't use any free ones. BTW I wasn't on about virgin banning me for using a VPN I was on about the bookie but that must be a myth, I thought I had read it somewhere once.

No point me purchasing a 3rd party router seems a lot of hassle for what I'm changing my IP for

Appreciate the help from everyone 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
het69
Up to speed
Message 22 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Using a different device's MAC address is only an issue on the same network segment, or where proxy-ARP is used.  That's not going to be a problem here.

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 23 of 25
Flag for a moderator

As your shopping around for a vpn the best 3 are NordVPN Exressvpn and ipvanish there should be deals around also have a look at https://thatoneprivacysite.net/ it’s a good  comparison of all vpn’s

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 24 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@brooksy79 wrote:

1: I recommend using ASUS routers in which the wan ip’s can be changed using MAC ADDRESS CLONING I do this every so often with my 68u as this is handy to stop ddos Attacks.

https://youtu.be/kgvmnKVsiOw 

Thanks ever so much for this.  I have the Asus 68U and I had no idea one could spoof the mac address in this way to get the WAN IP changed.  Very useful to know.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Or you could use Opera browser which has a built in VPN assuming the bookie sites accept connections from VPNs

0 Kudos