Menu
Liammmm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing IP

Hello, 

Question 1)

I bought a tp link router and use it alongside by super hub 3 in modem mode. I was wondering if it is possible to change my IP address through the tp link router (MAC address cloning etc) and if possible how to do it. 

Question 2)

I have had my super hub 3 in modem mode connected to a tp link router for around 6 months. I was wondering if I change back to normal mode would the IP address be different to what it previously was before it was on modem mode?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing IP

Seems like you know the answer for changing your IP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Liammmm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mostly looking for instructions as I’ve got no clue how to go about doing these things 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

1. Yes it would change if you gave the tp link a different MAC address. Find the clone max address feature click apply or whatever and it will copy the max address from whatever device you are accessing the tp link with onto its wan port. 

2. almost certainly yes. The lease time for an address on the vm network appears to be 1 week, so it shouldn’t be holding any cached information for your routers MAC address.... never say never tho, either through coincidence or maybe because you’re on a very quiet network segment, I guess your old address *could* be reissued to the hub. 

0 Kudos