cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing IP address from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1

Specky28
Tuning in

I would like to change my IP address (Default Gateway) from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1

The reason is I have a second WiFi router which is totally independent to the VM system, the second system is connected via an Ethernet cable to the same laptop, this second system enables a live stream from a WiFi camera feed.

The VM system is in WiFi mode, with multiple assets connected to it.

because the VM IP address is set to 192.168.0.1 it won't allow my other system to connect to the laptop (even when away from home), that system requires a number between 1-255 (0 is outside theses parameters).

any guidance much appreciated.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You can’t.

192.168.1.x is reserved for the guest Wifi. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

The guest Wifi has no access to the main Wifi so devices won’t communicate with each other between the 2 networks.

You can try a different range like suggested yes. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Login to the admin page of the hub and change it on the DHCP page 

10 REPLIES 10

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You can’t.

192.168.1.x is reserved for the guest Wifi. 

Very frustrating..

Could I log on to the guest WiFi as a work around?

or select another number between 1- 255? 

e.g. 192.168.18.X

No idea how to set it up; but every day's a school day.

The guest Wifi has no access to the main Wifi so devices won’t communicate with each other between the 2 networks.

You can try a different range like suggested yes. 

Interesting!

that'd work as 192.168.1.1 isn't a necessity.

How would I change the VM Default Gateway to 192.168.18.1

that way I could have an operational VM WiFi system and an Ethernet feed from the other router. 

Login to the admin page of the hub and change it on the DHCP page 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Didn't VM remove being able to change the LAN IP in a new firmware?

---------------------------------------------------------------

@legacy1 wrote:

Yes. Changing the IP address of the hub is apparently no longer an option. 

maybe it’s just me but I’m not entirely clear on the question here.. 

you have a hub, which provides internet access to your various devices, including a laptop.

you also have a second router that connects some WiFi cameras on 192.168.1.0/24. This also connects to the above mentioned laptop via ethernet.

Does the second router connect to the hub in any way or is it totally separate?

what do you want to achieve here? A single network with everything on it?

what is the make/model of the second router? 

You Sir, are a **bleep** legend!

Thank you so much...

Nice one Gary, It worked!

@legacy1 wrote:

On the Hub4 they did - not sure about the Hub3.

I think it’s required because of the Wifi pods