cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing DHCP Range Errors

Renegadeandy
Tuning in

Hi,

I am unable to change the DHCP range on my HomeHub 4.

I navigate to Advanced Settings - DHCP server and select to change my starting address as :

192.168.3.10, or anything for that matter, 192.168.x.x and it fails every time after a spinny 'applying' message stating:

"The starting IP address you have entered is used for other functions of the Hub 4. Please enter another."

Really? The hub is using 192.168.31.15 for some other function? I doubt it.

Renegadeandy_0-1660851472485.png

I am well aware of many other people who have posted about this exact problem, but fundamentally this option exists in my router. It worked on my previous Home Hub 3. I expect and require it to work here.

Thoughts? Can I please have an official line on this from Virgin Media?

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Welcome to your new limitations VM don't see this as a problem your device gets a IP you have internet job done.

If your unhappy feel free to use modem mode and get your own router with 1Gb ports.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty sure the Home Hub 4 does already have 1Gb ports doesn't it?

How do we raise this officially with VM, it is definitively a problem. End of story.

You be waiting a long time then and a endless supply of coffee.

Okay so lets start aggregating users who want this. 

List of users who need DHCP Range to work:

1. Renegadeandy
  2. Legacy1

List who you know and i'll collate them and add it to this post. I'll provide each interested party with an infinite supply of coffee.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will never get any changes like this done to the hubs by VM, it’s not cost justifiable, unless you want your bill to go up.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Please don't reply to this thread again @Tudor. We are free to ask and justify as we see fit. Your post is not helpful. No changes like this? Then I demand the UI is fixed, it is currently bugged at best. Otherwise it is advertising a feature that cannot be used.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I only state reality, it’s your prerogative if you wish to ignore it. This is an open board anyone can and will reply to any post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Other enthusiasts believe we have a bug needing fixed here? Say 'yeah'

Think everyone who needed this fixed has moved on....