cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change name on account and broadband issues

CP004
Joining in

I need to change the name on my account and intermittent issues with my broadband have been identified 

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @CP004, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear about the issues with the broadband services.

Can you please confirm if this is effecting both wired and Wi-Fi devices? 

Has there been any local area outages reported that may point to intermittency? 

In relation to the name change on the account, can you please expand on the reasoning for this request for me?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

It is affecting both wired and wifi. For several weeks now the router reboots or is showing green lights for a while. During this time there is no service.

I called to report this and a test was run which detected an intermittent service.

With regards to the name change, I was of the understanding that my name was on the account along with my ex partner. This does not seem to be the case. That person left the household last year.

Thanks for coming back to us @CP004 

I haven't been able to locate the details on our system using the forum credentials - have you tried troubleshooting here - Broadband Help & Support ?

In regards to changing the name on the account, we no longer do transfer of responsibility. 

The account holder would need to contact our team on 0345 454 1111 to disconnect the services and you may open a new account in your own name. 

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes of course I have tried troubleshooting! It is not resolved. Hence my trying to contact someone! Just anyone! I was told this forum can change names on accounts. I have called that number 5 times and I’m cut off mid way someone helping and have to start again! 

A test confirms there is an issue but I’m getting absolutely nowhere with this. I feel like cancelling my direct debit just to get someone to call me to resolve this! 

Apparently I have not responded so I will respond for a second time. 

Yes I have tried the troubleshooting. I still have intermittent service. In fact it is down right now. 

Hi @CP004 thanks for your reply, sorry you're experiencing issues still.

We're unable to arrange calls over here, as we're solely online based.

However, please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W